If you would like to help boost your metabolism and detoxify your digestive track (among many other benefits), I highly suggest that you give this revitalizing detox drink a try!
Because the benefits of apple cider vinegar are becoming so well known, it has become a staple in many home pantries. I not only use it for this warm drink every morning, but I also use it to make homemade salad dressing, for baking, and I also add 1/2 cup to my bath water every so often! I’ve also read that it makes for a superb natural facial toner and hair detangled. Who knew!?
I find this detox tea to be quite refreshing and energizing, so I like to drink it first thing when I wake up, but you can also drink it before bed or anytime of the day that works for you.
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 tbsp of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 small pinch of cayenne pepper
Combine all of the ingredients and stir well. Enjoy!
- The cinnamon and cayenne tends to settle to the bottom, so keep a spoon in your mug to stir regularly if you like to take your time enjoying the drink.
- Not everyone loves vinegar as much as I do, so feel free to tweak the recipe to your liking. My husband likes to add a little extra honey and lemon juice.
- Fresh ginger is also a fantastic addition to this recipe, but I don’t usually have it on hand so I didn’t include it.
- Sometimes I make this drink with my favorite hot tea in place of the hot water (green tea, black tea, lemon ginger, cinnamon, etc.). It gives it a little extra flavor as well as added health benefits.
- Based on my very quick calculations, I’m estimating that this drink has about 80 calories.